Film & Television
- 1906, by James Dalessandro (Chronicle Books), has been bought by Warner Bros. A proposed production start date of fall 2008 is scheduled, with academy award director Brad Bird at the helm. Peter Miller will be an Executive Producer.
- THE KILLER’S GAME, based on the novel of the same name by Jay Bonansinga (Simon & Schuster), has been optioned by Andrew Lazar/Mad Chance, Inc. and Intermedia. A screenplay adaptation of the novel has been completed by Rand Ravich and Simon Kindberg. The film is in active development with a tentative production date of Fall 2008. Peter Miller will be an Executive Producer.
- IQ-83, a novel by Arthur Herzog (Simon & Schuster), has been bought by Andrew Lazar of Lazar/Mad Chance, Dreamworks, as well as Peter Miller’s Millennium Lion, Inc. A screenplay adaptation of the novel has been completed and the film is in active development with DreamWorks. A proposed production start date of late 2008 is scheduled. Peter Miller will serve as Executive Producer.
- NATHAN HALE: THE LIFE and DEATH of AMERICA’S FIRST SPY by M. William Phelps. This has been optioned to Warner Bros. and Barry Josephson Entertainment. Peter Miller will be executive producer.
- VESCO! From Wall Street to Castro’s Cuba, the Rise, the Fall, and Exile of the King of White-Collar Crime by Arthur Herzog. This has been optioned to CP Production’s Michael Scerenzi. Peter Miller will serve as executive producer.
- THE ADVENTURES OF CHANCE FORTUNE by Shane Berryhill has been optioned to KickStart Entertainment. The screenplay is by Shane Berryhill. Peter Miller will serve as executive producer.
- MR. S: MY LIFE WITH FRANK SINATRA, by William Stadiem and George Jacobs, has been optioned to New Line Cinemas/Warner Bros. Brett Naefuw is slated to direct the screenplay adaptation by William Stadiem.
- THE ONION PICKER, a non-fiction book by Gary Youmans, has been optioned to John Roberts as a feature-length motion picture.
Cable and Television
- RECLAIMING HISTORY: THE ASSASINATION OF PRESIDENT JOHN F. KENNEDY by Vincent Bugliosi. This series has been optioned to HBO as a proposed 12-20 hour limited series to be produced by Tom Hanks’ Playtone Productions. Vincent Bugliosi will act as a consultant.
- DEAR SENATOR, the Essie Mae Washington Williams’ story, by William Stadiem, has been optioned to HBO films.
- CITIZEN JANE, by James Dalessandro and Jane Alexander (Onyx/DelRay), has been optioned to Grosso Jacobson Productions/ Hallmark. James Dellasandro and Peter Miller will be Executive Producers.
- A REASON TO DIE, by Sal DeStefano, has been optioned to SONY Pictures Television as a limited series. Peter Miller will be an Executive Producer.
Millennium Lion, Inc. and PMA Literary & Film Management, Inc. have dozens of other film and television projects in development that are available.
Film/Television Projects Produced/Managed by PMA Literary & Film Management, Inc.
THE IRISHMAN (Code Entertainment) is based on the non-fiction book To Kill the Irishman, by Rick Porrello. The screenplay has been adapted from the original book by Jonathan Hensleigh and is directed by him as well. Peter Miller served as Executive Producer.
STASH, a screenplay by Jay Bonansinga, is based on his short story of the same name. Bonansinga (below, right) directed and produced the piece along with Peter Miller (left, in fedora). Marilyn Chambers (next to Peter), the legendary Ivory Snow model and naughty film superstar, recently turned in a hilarious guest spot in the new independant mock-doc STASH. To find out more, check out: www.StashMovie.com
HELTER SKELTER, is a three-hour television movie based on the true story of the August 1969 Tate/LaBianca murders, as chronicled in the bestselling book by Vincent Bugliosi, Helter Skelter. The television event was broadcast as the CBS Sunday Movie on Sunday, May 16, 2004 (8:00 PM – 11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Jeremy Davies (“Saving Private Ryan”) stars as Charles Manson and Bruno Kirby (“American Tragedy”) shines as prosecuting attorney Vincent Bugliosi. The followers of Manson are played by Clea DuVall (“Carnival”) as Linda Kasabian, Allison Smith (“Kate & Allie”) as Patricia “Katie” Krenwinkle, and Margeurite Moreau (“Runaway Jury”) as Susan “Sadie” Atkins. Vincent Bugliosi’s brilliant work chronicles how the utopian ideals of the 1960′s were brought to a bitter and bloody end by the ‘dark side of the hippie counterculture,’ as the Manson ‘family’ would come to be known.
A GIFT OF LOVE: THE DANIEL HOFFMAN STORY premiered on Showtime on November 21, 1999 and was nominated for both a Young Artists Award (for actor Elden Henson) and a Daytime Emmy Award. Peter Miller served as an Executive Producer along with Daniel Paulson. Stefan Molnar Fenton wrote the treatment, which is based on a true story: Fifteen-year-old Daniel Huffman was a normal teenager with a passion for football and grand hopes for a college football scholarship. Abandoned by his mother when he was only four years old, Daniel has been raised by his grandmother, Shirlee, and the two have a very close relationship. Now, Daniel is called to make a difficult life-altering decision. He must sacrifice one of the two loves of his life. This remarkable true story stars Debbie Reynolds, Ed Marinaro and Elden Henson.
USA Cable: WE THE JURY, based on a treatment by Vincent T. Bugliosi, was produced by All American Television/Atlantis. This film was Executive Produced by David Gerber and Edgar J. Scherick. Vincent Bugliosi was also a Producer on the show. Phillip Rosenberg wrote the script, and the film premiered on USA Cable in November, 1996. PMA managed the sale of this property.
CBS: A TANGLED WEB, based on the book Deadly Seduction by Wensley Clarkson (St. Martin’s Press, 1996), was produced by Hill-Fields Entertainment as a Movie of the Week, starring Cheryl Ladd. It premiered on CBS in November 1998. Frank Abatemarco wrote the teleplay. Peter Miller and Frank Abatemarco served as Executive Producers, along with Len Hill and Joel Fields.
ABC: BETRAYED BY LOVE, based on the book The FBI Killer: The Susan Daniels Smith Story by Aphrodite Jones (Pinnacle Books, 1992), was produced by Edgar J. Scherick & Associates, Inc. The Executive Producer was Edgar J. Scherick and the Movie of the Week premiered on ABC January 17, 1993. PMA managed the sale of this property.
ABC: FUGITIVE AMONG US starred Eric Roberts and Peter Strauss. It was based on a chapter from Mike Cochran’s true-crime book, Deliver Us from Evil (Texas Monthly Press/Berkeley). It premiered April 1992. Peter Miller was a Producer and managed the sale of the property.
NBC: ‘TIL DEATH US DO PART aired on NBC and starred Treat Williams and Arliss Howard. It was produced by Saban-Scherick Productions and was based on the bestselling book by Vincent T. Bugliosi & Ken Hurwitz (Norton/Bantam Books). ‘Til Death Do Us Part’ premiered February 17, 1992. PMA managed the sale of the property.
ABC: BED OF LIES aired on ABC and starred Susan Dey. It was produced by Warner Bros. Television and was based on the book Deadly Blessing by Steve Salerno (William Morrow/St. Martin’s Press). It premiered January 21, 1992, with Peter Miller serving as Producer. He also managed the sale of the property.
DISNEY CHANNEL: GOODBYE, MISS FOURTH OF JULY starred Chris Sarandon and Louis Gossett, Jr., and was directed by George Miller. It was based on the book Miss Fourth of July, Goodbye by Christopher Janus (Chicago Review Press). It premiered in February 1988. Peter Miller was a Producer on the film.
TREASURE OF THE MOON GODDESS, an original screenplay by Jean Pierre Dutilleux, was released by Ascot/Vidmark Entertainment in 1986. Peter Miller was a Producer.
FOX TELEVISION: MYSTERIES OF THE UNIVERSE, a pilot created by Linda Moulton Howe, is in production with Sather Gate Productions/Paramount Television. It is based on the book Sightings: UFO Report. Fox Television ordered a 10-part series that aired in Spring, 1992.
ABC: CUPID, a pilot script by Rob Thomas was made into a series with Mandalay TV for ABC. The show ran for one season (1998-1999).
WARNER BROTHERS: DAWSON’S CREEK, Rob Thomas was a staff writer for this show, which presently airs on the Warner Bros. Network by Columbia-TriStar Television. PMA has also been involved with several popular television series.
Available Film and Television Projects & Rights
- MURDER IN THE HEARTLAND, a true crime story by M. William Phelps (Kensington)
- THE SLEEP POLICE, a novel by Jay Bonansinga (Onyx/NAL/Pearson)
- FROZEN, a novel by Jay Bonansinga (Kensington), with a film adaptation by Bonansinga written for a prominent actor. This is the first in a quartet, with Twisted, Shattered, and Perfect Victim to round out the list.
- HEADCASE, a novel by Jay Bonansinga (Simon & Schuster), is a riveting suspense thriller. Screenplay adaptation by Jay Bonansinga and Lance Catania is available.
- SICK, a novel by Jay Bonansinga (Warner Books). Screenplay adaptation by Jay Bonansinga and Lance Catania is available.
- THE FOREVER YEAR (Forge/Tor Books), a novel by Ronald Anthony. Treatment is available.
- FLASH AND DAZZLE by Ronald Anthony (Forge/Tor Books). A screenplay adaptation is available.
- M.A.C.K. TACTICS, by Chris Curtis and Rob Wiser (Chamberlain Bros./Pearson), is the story of how men can use hostage negotiation strategies to date women, is available.
- BOHEMIAN HEART by James Dalessandro (St. Martins Press)
- THE UNWANTED, a memoir by Kien Nguyen (Little, Brown), is available.
- GRAY’S BRIDGE, an original screenplay by John Rocco, is in development.
- MIDNIGHT IN BEIJING, by Jean-Pierre Isbouts.
- FACE BLIND, a novel by Raymond Benson, is in development and a screenplay adaptation is being written.
- EVIL HOURS, a novel by Raymond Benson, is in development.
- 6ACTUAL, by Chris Curtis and Rob Wiser, is in development with The Wolper Organization. Peter Miller will be an Executive Producer.